Accreditation and Membership
ISG member schools are accredited by some of the top institutions in the world. Our American and International curriculum schools are accredited through the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Our British curriculum schools are accredited by the Council of International Schools. In addition, our Dhahran Baccalaureate Centre is approved by the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO).
ISG is committed to upholding the highest standards of education and learning across our schools. Accreditation is a voluntary activity initiated by the institution that requires a rigorous self-evaluation and an independent, objective appraisal of the overall educational quality by peers. Accreditation emphasizes quality assurance and a commitment to continuous quality enhancement. Please visit the websites of each accrediting association to learn more about the specifics of their programs.
Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools
Schools with this accreditation: Dhahran Elementary/Middle School, Dhahran High School, ISG Dammam and ISG Jubail.
The U.S. Department of Education describes approved accrediting organizations such as Middle States as a “reliable authority as to the quality of education.” Accreditation is an external, objective validation of school quality and student achievement that fosters continuous school improvement.
Profile of A Middle States-Accredited Institution:
- Adheres to the Middle States Standards for Accreditation;
- Uses its mission, beliefs and goals as the basis for daily decision-making;
- Operates in the public interest and in accordance with ethical practice;
- Accepts responsibility for the level of performance of its students;
- Remains committed to continuous improvement in student learning and to its capacity to produce the levels of learning desired and expected by its community;
- Operates in a collegial and collaborative way with all of its stakeholders;
- Sustains its focus on implementing recommendations, addressing monitoring issues and correcting stipulations that may be part of its notification of accreditation and fulfills its maintenance requirements to the Commission.
Council of International Schools
Schools with this accreditation: Dhahran British Grammar School, Sara Village School
CIS School Evaluation and Accreditation is an evaluation process that drives a school’s continuous improvement, through:
- rigorous evaluation against internationally-agreed standards;
- a blend of support and challenge, focused on a school’s development; and
- a peer-based model that brings together international educators from across the world of CIS-accredited schools.
CIS is a non-national, non-regionally affiliated organization and the status of CIS Accreditation confers an international recognition to stakeholders all over the world. The status of international accreditation demonstrates a school’s commitment to high quality international education to the school community as well as to the outside world: prospective families, educational leaders and teachers as well as universities, embassies, other government departments, and global companies and organizations.
International Baccalaureate Organization
Schools with this accreditation: Dhahran Baccalaureate Centre
The IB Diploma Programme (DP) is an academically challenging and balanced programme of education with final examinations that prepares students, aged 16 to 19, for success at university and life beyond. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students. The programme has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities.
Any school, or group of schools, wishing to offer one or more International Baccalaureate programmes as an IB World School must first be authorized. The requirements are the same for all schools, and the procedure is designed to ensure that schools are well prepared to implement the programme(s) successfully. All IB World Schools are required to participate in an ongoing process of review and development, using the same programme standards and practices.
As part of its ongoing commitment to the development of a highly skilled global learning community, the IB provides a wide range of high-quality professional development opportunities to help new, experienced and expert school leaders and educators understand, support and successfully deliver IB programmes reflecting IB standards and practices.